The first newspaper in Wayne County was started in 1875 at LaPorte, which was the original county seat. The intial paper, called the Wayne County Review, was loaded up and moved to Wayne in 1881 when the county seat moved to Wayne. The paper was sold and the publication became The Wayne Herald. For a time three newspapers were published in Wayne. In the summer of 1966 the Herald moved to its current location of 114 Main Street. It was at this time that a new Goss Community Press was purchased allowing for the printing of a single section of the paper, which had previously taken two and a half hours to complete, to take under 15 minutes to finish.
Advertising Representative - Classified Advertising